Today is Tim and I’s three year wedding anniversary! Can you believe it?!?!? I love that we’ve been married for three years already. It’s been a great adventure and a wonderful journey together. Here are a few things I’ve learned in marriage already:
- Loving Tim is easy.
- Patience is necessary all the time – not just with your spouse, but with yourself.
- No matter how hard the conversation, it’s important to talk about what is going on in your heart.
- Marrying your best friend means a lot of laughter and joy in your life.
- Nothing is perfect, but it can still be wonderful.
- Simple things mean the most – nights at home watching movies, making tacos together, even yard work!
- Every year brings a new adventure! We’ve bought our first home, our first “joint” car and our first puppy in the last three years.
- I can’t plan for everything, no matter how much I would like to do just that!
- There will always be challenges.
- Health problems are no fun, but easier to go through with someone by your side.
- Chances are your spouse doesn’t consider you a burden, no matter what you think sometimes!
- Falling in love every day with someone means letting go of preconceptions and just loving the person in front of you.
- Marriage means forever.
Recently a couple was interviewed here on the news. They have been married for 75 years. When he was asked what the secret to staying married so long was, he simply said “When you say, ‘I Do,’ mean it. When you say ‘I Will,’ mean it.” She said it was ‘always kissing your wife goodnight.’ Both had pretty good advice!
I can honestly say I have a great life, am loved by a great man, and feel so lucky to have him in my life.
Happy anniversary, my love. You amaze me every day. I love you!